Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Several (Seven) Sketches

Ok, so I've been remaining sketching from my Time magazine (December 2008) over these past few days. I love it...it's like a high sometimes. I think this is one of the only things in life that makes me feel like this...I grab a cold liter and a half of water, throw on my earphones, crank up the music, keep the pencil sharpened, and sweat bullets as I ESCAPE into another world.

Sir Edmund Hillary is first on the lineup. I wouldn't have included the name, but he's kind-of an obscure celebrity...the first to scale Mt. Everest, I believe.



Another obscure celebrity: the political figure William F. Buckley


Tim Russert


Another one of Tim Russert, less exaggerated, followed by some more political celebrities






My friend Alex Clare as an "Alien." His idea actually, if I recall correctly. I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile. This is just the sketch. I'm currently working on the inked and colored version, which I'll have up soon.

1 comment:

Aaronphilby said...

You should draw Christopher Hitchens