Friday, July 31, 2009

I AM NOT WORTHY!

I about fell out of my chair when mine eyes first glanced at the face of one Democratic Representative from California, Henry Waxman.


This man is what you call a "No Merit All Star." In the caricature world (or at least among us caricature artists when I worked at Cedar Point), this phrase is given to those individuals whose faces can be drawn well by even a blind chimpanzee...on the FIRST try! Hence, there's no merit to being able to draw Mr. Waxman, but I did it anyways, because his face is screaming to be drawn...and it's so darn fun!



I don't really know what's up with the strange light source. Or the Red Hot Chili Peppers references. I start drawing and I kinda lose touch with myself sometimes, leading to stream-of-consciousness-esque decisions. It annoys me, because I always curse myself afterwards, regretting NOT thinking more about each decision I make along the process.

I think, though, that I'm getting better at this. Learning patience with my decision-making is difficult for me because I like instant gratification. Anyone who's had the pleasure of dining with me knows this for certain! Ask my wife, Emily...she's starting to take after me. Of course, try as she may, she'll never have the wolf-like ability to swallow food like a Lindberg boy...it's just a gift of ours.

1 comment:

Aaronphilby said...

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!!!!