Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wheel Spinnin'

Some things I've been doing over the past 12 months in order to kill time:

(in a roughly chronological order, since approx. June 2009)

1) Playing old Super Nintendo games on my laptop
2) Teaching myself Adobe Illustrator
3) Designing/writing/inking comics
4) Brushing up on my caricature skills
5) Re-learning calculus, physics, and chemistry (many thanks to iTunes U)
6) Teaching myself introductory astronomy; learning how to navigate the night sky
7) Reading lots of Kurt Vonnegut
8) Planning to re-enroll in college
9) Watching all 6 seasons of "The Office" in about 2-3 months' time
10) Changing my mind about college; considering becoming an electrician
11) Starting to exercise (a toughie)
12) Playing Warcraft III
13) Chronically losing myself in internet lala-land
14) Mastering the painfully mind-bending art of WAITING!
15) Waiting; perfecting the list of what I want to do when I get back to the U.S.
16) Waiting for our vacation to the UK and Ireland
17) Generally waiting...

To those considering Peace Corps, make sure you have a long, LONG list of things you can do on your own to keep yourself busy!!!

1 comment:

Aaronphilby said...

I enjoyed reading this list very much.